Avoiding Electrical Shock During Plumbing Problems

When a pipe bursts, your drains backup or a major leak occurs with your plumbing, it can cause serious risks to your home. Water and mold damage can cause extensive damage to your home, but there is a more pressing risk to your health. Plumbing leaks can put you and your family at risk for electrical shock. Know how to handle plumbing problems to protect your family from risk of injury caused by electrical shock.

Everyone knows electricity and water are a dangerous combination. When a plumbing problem leaks water into your home, it is important to understand the risk for electrical shock. Even a small leak can create a electrical shock risk that can cause serious injury and even death. If the floor is wet, or water gets inside an electrical fixture like a ceiling fan or outlet, it can pose a risk of shock.

What to Do if You Have a Plumbing Leak

It is best not to risk the chance of electrical shock if you have a plumbing leak in your home. Even touching a light switch that has been affected by the water leak can cause a shock. If you can access your fuse box, shut off power to the rooms affected to protect against shock. Also shut off the main water valve to your home to prevent further water leaks in your home. Then, make a call to your local plumber company for an emergency plumbing repair.

Never try to remedy a major plumbing leak yourself. Electrical shock is a real danger whenever water is leaking into your home. Call a professional to protect yourself from injury and your home from additional damage when you have a plumbing problem.

Posted on behalf of:
Metro Septic LLC
1210 N Tennessee St
Cartersville, GA 30120
(404) 973-2471

Comments are closed.